General Browsing Information: Any time you visit the Empower Website, we may gather certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. This information includes browser characteristics, your service provider IP address, the search engine you may have used to locate the our website, a unique device identifier, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on Empower’s website, and dates and times of visits.
Personal Information Voluntarily Provided: We gather personal information you provide to us (such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information, payment information) when you request information about a product or service, register on the Empower website. When personally identifiable information is requested on the Empower website, some requests are marked as “Required”; this personally identifiable information is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you’ve requested.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the information collected at the Empower Website for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and possibly to conduct surveys, research and evaluations.
- To complete your request for services or respond to your use of the Empower website.
- To tailor your experience on the Empower website to your interests and geographic region.
- To respond to your inquiries about our products and services.
- To inform you of special events and offers or programs offered with our selected companies.
- To manage and develop Empower business and operations, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- To detect and protect Empower and other third parties against error, negligence, fraud, theft and other illegal activities and to audit compliance with policies.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to the Empower website and apps, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse the Empower website, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect on the Empower website through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, and administer the Empower website, identify users of the Empower website, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on the Empower website, how users navigate through the website, and how we may tailor the Empower website to better meet the needs of our visitors. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of Empower. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties, and do not share or trade your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described below.
- Selected Companies: Empower may work with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services that relate to Empower’s website or its visitors. As part of such a relationship, Empower may share with these companies or these companies may interact with your browser, collect or have access to some or all of the information collected in connection with certain interactive functions offered on the Empower website.
- Service Providers: Empower may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services, monitoring website activity and running special promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests or surveys. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Empower sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction
- Compliance with Law/Safety: Empower may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Empower website, the Website itself, or the public.
Policies on Children
To ensure compliance with federal law, Empower does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
Accessing Empower’s website from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Empower website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and/or other internal systems located within the United States.
Empower may make blogs, chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times on the Empower website. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas (including uploading photos into these areas).
Notification of Changes
Empower limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal information of our customers, and our employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. While we implement these security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
612 Park Street, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43215